Success! The mums are in!
Yesterday, my husband and I put on our “can do” attitude and gardening gloves to clean out the front patch. Out went the pink mandevillas (which thrived in this space) and the english ivy. It took more than an hour of dedicated digging to clear out all the spidery plants roots. These city plants are tenacious in their search for water! It was a dirty job but lots of fun.
Once cleared out, we planted a simple arrangement. Four, big yellow mums with rust-colored specs now surround the maple tree with two happy sunflowers in front of the maple tree. The space and new mums look great.
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013