Come get great advice and a dose of inspiration to make this year’s flower garden your best yet!
Join us Saturday, May 5th from 10am to noon for a lively, information-rich workshop called “Gardening Experts Speak! Tips for a Successful City Garden.”
This second annual City Garden Ideas event will be held in the auditorium of First Church in Boston, 66 Marlborough Street, at the corner of Berkeley and Marlborough.
Our featured speakers are talented, professional horticulturalists: Ellen Abdow, owner of Perennial Gardens, and Tom Smarr, The Garden Concierge and former Superintendent of Horticulture at the Rose Kennedy Greenway. What can you expect? Plenty!
Ellen will create a beautiful container garden right before your eyes. She’ll share gardening wisdom and offer insights into the hottest trends. Tom will offer up gardening basics on tools, soil, sun and choosing plants that thrive in every season. He’ll also talk about vertical gardening. That’s when blooms go up and up.
Register at http://citygardening.eventbrite.com. The cost is just $25! There will be plenty of time for questions and answers, loads of handouts and door prizes! This event is not to be missed!
If you have questions, call 617-267-6500 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you there!
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas