I am gathering up the tools and the will to remove the lovely summer plantings from their bed in front of my home. This is always a bit emotional. This action signals the end of summer and the arrival of cooler weather and the need to wear a sweater. Luckily I like sweaters. And I like mums, which are perennial fall favorites in gardens in the Northeast. Need to clean off the trowel and hand rake and get out the plastic bags to hold the vine-y remains. On Saturday we will remove the mandevillas, black adder and ivy and replant with nine big mums. I’ll let you know how it goes…
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013