If you find yourself walking along Newbury Street in the next few days and weeks, stop in front of the Marc Jacobs store and look down. An optimistic gardener has planted perky, yellow daffodils and white hyacinths around a sturdy tree. What a bright and fragile touch of spring! No fence, no border protects these flowers from the dogs and humans passing by. I stood and watched for a minute or so. It was great to see people notice the flowers and smile.. and move a bit away to give the little patch some room to be. Spring is nearly here. Just a few hours away…. Ahhhh.
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas