My good friend Marilyn recently sent me a link to a story that appeared in last Sunday’s New York Times. It talks about the flowers now lost, extinct, gone from the island of Manhattan. Pictures of those flowers are featured in the link. All the loss is due to human activity. This opinion piece reinforces how precious and fragile our environment is and how important it is to nurture and cultivate every patch of earth we can.
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013