I hope your gardens are growing and filled with beautiful, colorful flowers!
If you’re looking for more information about small space gardens, check out this article, “Urban Gardening Ideas for Small Spaces. ”
I was interviewed for the article and am quoted in it. The article appears in House Logic, the e-newsletter for the National Association of Realtors. The writer, Iyna Caruso, offers good advice for planting in small spaces. I particularly like her link to vertical gardening. I’m fascinated with growing flowers on the vertical plane – trellises and walls. Hope the article gives you another idea or two. Enjoy!
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas
Gardening is definitely my own activity simply because it genuinely aids me to enjoy and loosen up. I like to grow plants and flowers both in the house as well as outside. My favorite plants are generally tropical decorative plants and flowers as well as fruit bearing plants.