Congratulations to Cinta Burgos! Her entry to a recent City Garden Ideas post has earned her two tickets to the April 24th Vertical Gardening lecture by Patrick Blanc at the Museum of Fine Arts.
Tickets are still available for this lecture by Mr. Blanc, considered the inventor of the vertical garden. I encourage interested gardeners to attend.
Here is part of Ms. Burgos’ winning entry: “I am very excited about the vertical garden and the MFA Patrick Blanc talk in April. I would love to go to the talk, but mostly to go with another garden enthusiast. My question to him would be – can you make a vegetable garden a vertical garden and how do I do that on my 6th floor balcony with one brick wall, western exposure and all these seasonal changes? I love growing flowers and seeing plants to start to regrow leaves in the spring but my biggest joy has been the 5 years that strawberries have continued to regrow, the herbs that come back after winter, and picking my own lettuce, tomatoes and beans. That is about all I have been successful at on my Beacon Hill balcony but I would love to use the vertical space as well.
Congratulations Cinta! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and I’ll send your tickets along. See you at the lecture!
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas