Need a lift? Go get yourself a big, showy, pop of color!
I suggest a Red Lion Amaryllis. I bought one a week ago at Trader Joe’s in the Back Bay for $6.99 (sorry no more left at that location) and have enjoyed watching it grow. Amaryllis love warm and sunny spots. It sure helps the spirit to see this red pop of color every day, especially when the temperature is below freezing and there are many inches of snow on the ground…. Just 57 days til spring!
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013