Yes, it’s true. My garden now has five holes where lovely, white dahlias once were planted. Sigh… Sometime during Wednesday night, someone pulled the plants out and took them away. Guess they wanted them for their own garden. Just hope they are being well tended wherever they are… Here’s a picture of my garden when the dahlias were in the front row.
FYI: Haven’t heard yet from the people in charge of the Mayor’s garden contest.
If I’m a finalist, I’ll have to do some speedy replanting! Finally, it remains hot (no kidding) so give the flowers, shrubs and trees an extra watering if you can!
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas
So sorry! Are you sure it wasn’t a squirrel? Hate to think that a human being was responsible for such a low-down act!
Congrats on the nomination. You deserve it!