It’s Feb. 26th and there are daffodils blooming on several rotaries on Nantucket! This winter is truly bizarre. Now Nantucket is known for its Daffodil Weekend but that is two months away!
As I rode from Nantucket Center to the Surfside Road, I had to do a double take. Yes, there were about a dozen perky yellow blooms standing strong against that crazy wind… Unfortunately, I couldn’t stop the car photograph them. If any reader is on Nantucket, can you send a photo? Many thanks.
And Daffodil Weekend is April 27 -29, 2012. For more info, go to http://www.nantucketchamber.org/enjoy/daffodil_festival_weekend.aspx
Hey city gardeners! This site is for you!My name is Janine and I'm a dedicated gardener with years of hands-in-the-soil experience. My specialty is small space gardens in urban locations. There is all kinds of good information in here. Send me comments and ideas. Enjoy!
- Sorry to see her go… Parks Commissioner Toni Pollak Retiring February 17, 2014
- Fenway Victory Garden Tour July 27th! July 21, 2013
- Boston Garden Contest – Entry Deadline July 12th June 26, 2013
- Landscape Institute Offering Summer Courses May 22, 2013
- Selecting Plants That Grow – Encore Expert Advice May 16, 2013
Join 123 other subscribers
- Beautiful garden containers and ornaments Importers of fine English garden ornaments, cast stone, lead and granite statuary, planters, urns, fountains, bird baths, sundials and more.
- Great horticulture classes and certificates Landscape Institute at BAC offers classes and courses that foster creative design and stewardship of the land.
- Growing vegetables Get practical info on vegetable and flower gardening. Check out Veggie Plantings in “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Taking care of trees and more! This Garden Club of the Back Bay site is terrific. Great info on local gardening activities as well as efforts to plant, prune and protect our precious trees.
City Garden Ideas